Back to RSRC Home
- What is the RSRC?
- Who is the RSRC Staff?
- What sources do you draw your material from?
- Where can I get these comics?
- What's going on with all of these different covers?
- What is the RSRC?The RSRC is the Rising Stars Resource Center, the premier online guide to J. Michael Straczynski's Rising Stars, published by Top Cow. The RSRC provides synopses and images from each issue. While we will make this site as complete as possible, it is not a substitute for reading the actual comics. Many people collaborated and put a lot of effort into creating that hardcopy. Please support them and us by subscribing to and purchasing the comics. JMS has stated that this is a finite storyline, so get ready for 24 stories about 113 Specials that covers over 50 years.
- Who is the RSRC Staff?The RSRC Staff originally consists of 2 members: Heidi Berthiaume and J.T. Entzminger. As of 2001 redesign, the site is entirely maintained by Heidi. We are both fans of JMS' work, from Babylon 5 and Crusade, to his other comic writings (Midnight Nation, the Amazing Spider-Man (staring with #35). The RSRC was conceived to be an online resource similar in function to the Lurker's Guide To Babylon 5.
- What sources do you draw your material from?The copy on the Home page and the info on the About JMS page were taken from the Top Cow site. Copy within the Character Dossiers and Issues are based on our readings of the comics, including direct quotes, observations, speculations. All images are scanned from the comics and transformed in Photoshop to what you see onscreen.
- Where can I get these comics?We recommend you check with your local comic stores. Many have subcription services where you can ask them to set aside each issue in a series for you. This is how we do it. Any 'special' covers, primarily put out by Dynamic Forces, however, need to be asked for seperately. There is a monthly magazine called 'Previews' that shows you what will be out in the next 2 months. If you look under the 'Dynamic Forces' section, that is where the alternate covers and special editions will show up. 'Convention Exclusive' covers, however, we have only found online, and recommend Top Cow's online store, Monster Mart.
- What's going on with all of these different covers?The short answer is: marketing. The long answer is over 40 different listed covers for issues 0 through 9 (as was recently pointed out to us - thanks to Jeffrey Gustafson!). We do not have all of these covers on this site, because of two main reasons. One - Heidi is more interested in the images than the 'collecting' of the comics. And two - it gets expensive. We will have an image of every different graphic that is a cover that pertains to Rising Stars. If the only difference is the additon of gold foil lettering, then it will not be shown as a cover image. We will try and update a listing of the different covers offered so those collectors out there can keep up.Back to RSRC Home